Psychologists in Logan
The Psych Professionals are a leading provider of mental health services. We have highly qualified and experienced psychologists based in Logan.
The first thing we do when you come and see The Psych Professionals is determine where you are at mentally. Once we have a starting point, we can work out a treatment plan and course of action to get you on the road back to health and happiness.
During your first session our priority is to understand you, as well as your current circumstances and challenges. We aim to make you feel safe and relaxed. And, of course, all our appointments are confidential.
Conditions we treat – we can help you
Our psychologists in Logan are capable of helping people with conditions such as:
- post-natal depression and women’s mental health
- panic attacks
- grief and loss
- stress and feelings of being overwhelmed
- adjusting to major life changes
- bipolar disorder
- anger management
- obsessive-compulsive behaviour (OCD)
- post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- sleeping disorders and insomnia
- relationship and marriage problems
- chronic pain
- ageing issues
- crisis intervention
- substance abuse
- unhealthy weight
- returning to work after extended time off.
Meet The Psych Professionals team – Logan
Our team of psychologists have more degrees than a compass! We care about people and about getting results. Join the growing list of people who have received help, worked through difficult issues, and reclaimed their life by seeing The Psych Professionals.
Our therapists are based at either our Logan (Loganholme) or Capalaba practice.
Meet the entire Psych Professionals team or click on individual names below of therapists who work out of our Logan practice:
- Chelsea Knight – Principal Psychologist
- Ellen Ramstadius – Adolescent and Adult Psychologist
- Jingal Ghelani, Noodle and Bean – Adolescent and Adult Psychologist and Therapy Dogs
- Vinita Sagar – Chid and Adolescent Psychologist
- Jarrod Harris – Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychologist
- Kelly McGillivray – Child and Adolescent Psychologist
- Elyse Williams – Adult Psychologist
- Andrew Bell – Provisional Psychologist
Treatment – what we do
We treat people with compassion and respect. Specific methods of treatment will vary depending on your unique set of issues, but below are some common techniques we use.
Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT)
CBT helps recognise negative thinking patterns that lead to painful emotions. CBT provides strategies to challenge and change these thoughts and manage your emotions.
Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
IPT helps with interpersonal difficulties (in other words, problems in dealing with other people). This helps our clients, their family and friends how to communicate effectively. This also helps build a sense of confidence and wellbeing in social situations.
Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
ACT is a relatively new form of cognitive and behavioural therapy which helps manage your negative emotions and in living a more fulfilling, meaningful life.
Contact us – Loganholme practice
For more information about our services and our Logan Psychologists, please contact us.
Phone: (07) 3801 1772
Fax: (07) 3801 1775
Ground Level, Unit 4A
16-18 Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road
Loganholme, QLD 4129
- Monday to Friday 8:00am–9:00pm
- Saturday By appointment only
- Sunday Closed