Glenys is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker who has always had a deep passion for helping others. Through her own life experiences and many years of social work, Glenys has seen the impact that extra help can have on complex families and individuals. She strives to continue this through her work at The Psych Professionals.
Glenys has a passion for working with women from the ages of 15 years and older. She supports her clients in helping them:
- recognize and work through the impacts of childhood trauma
- intimate partner violence,
- violence from a family member
- difficult relationships in the workplace and
- grief and loss.
Glenys’ approach to therapy has a focus on building the human connection and incorporating mindfulness, expressive therapy, interpersonal relationship therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy. Glenys believes that a journey through therapy is one to walk alongside together, where there is always a safe and comfortable environment.
Glenys is motivated by her clients’ life stories. She has always valued working with people and consistently feels an admiration for each one of her clients’ unique story and resilience. This has inspired Glenys to pursue working in the industry for over 25 years and continue to do so for many more.
Glenys is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and has over 20 years of experience. In her career she has worked in a variety of settings including hospitals, community-based health services, domestic violence and sexual assault services. Glenys has also lectured, tutored and coordinated subjects for universities.
What can you expect from your first session with Glenys?
Your first session with Glenys has a focus on getting to know each other and beginning to build a trusting relationship. If you are comfortable, you may want to explore what prompted you to make the appointment or discuss something that may be on your mind. This can also be an opportunity to collaboratively identify a few key goals and begin to develop a plan on how best Glenys can help you.
- Women across the lifespan
- Life adjustment
- Women who have previously or are currently experiencing domestic violence
- Women and young people (ages 12 and over) who have experienced or who are currently experiencing sexual violence and / or trauma
- Palliative care and end of life issues
- Grief and loss
- Non-standard form of grief and loss including loss of a pet, loss of a job, health, routine etc.
- Those undergoing, or have previously experienced fertility issues, abortion and / or miscarriage
Glenys loves to spend time with her family including her two small dogs. She loves going to local markets and enjoys spending time at the beach and in nature on forest walks. Glenys also loves to dance and practice Nia dancing.
- Medicare (Better Access / Mental Health Care Plan)
- Medicare (Chronic Disease Self-Management)
- Private Health
- Private Pay
B.Soc Wk., M.Soc Wk (Advanced)
Tuesday 2.30pm to 8pm
Thursday 2.30pm to 8pm